Case Study: Custom Low Current & Voltage Measurement Platform
The client is a manufacturer of low-power devices that require accurate measurement of current and voltage consumption during operation. They needed a solution that could measure low current in the range of 1uA to 10mA with an accuracy of ±2µA and voltage up to 10V with 10mV accuracy. Additionally, they wanted the platform to capture 50 samples in a second and send the data to a PC over a USB interface for data acquisition purposes.
Measurement Range: 1uA to 10mA
Measurement Range: up to 10V
Sampling Rate: 50 SPS
High speed USB connectivity for PC
PC based GUI application
Pelican Box ready solution
| Engibrains’ Contribution
Segments We Worked On
- Analog & Digital Mixed Signal
- 6 Layer Modular design
- 67+ Electronic Components
- Schematic & Layout design
- BOM Optimization
- Proto development & Bring-up
- Test jig development
- Enclosure Design & Integration
- Firmware development to jump between low power modes
- PC based application module to interact with custom measurement HW over USB
- PC based GUI application to represent current, voltage, SNR & heatmap of platform along with graphical representation.
Pre-compliance & QA
- EMI/EMC Pre-compliance
- Test Cases identified & Automated scripts for key scenarios
- Functional and regression testing for various measurement range of current/voltage.
- Bug filing and report generation
- Prototype batch
- Pelican Box ready solution contains all HW & leaflet materials for out of box demo solution.
| Technologies Used
Our Tech Stack will reduce your risk
- QT designer
OS & Tools
- Digital Oscilloscope
- High-end DMM
- Hot Air Rework Station
- Thermal Camera
- Digital Microscope
- High Precision Current Probe
| Let’s Talk About Your Project
We will get back to you within 2 working days!